Blog Archive

January 8, 2013

Secret Daughter


I chose to read ''Secret daughter'' by Shilpi Somaya Gowda because I like to read books about different cultures, religions and countries. I first decided to read ''The White Tiger'' by Aravind Adiga, but then I somehow ended on the Amazon page with a book by Shilipi Somaya Gowda. I first read the book description and then I scrolled down and started to read several book reviews. 
Here are two book reviews I found very helpful:
- Secret Daughter: A Novel was uniquely written, provided exposure to other cultures, and lessons on the struggles of life. It was a fast read and an engaging read.
-It was a good story. I enjoyed learning about India - the good and the bad. Every country has both, and I had no idea that India had such horrible slums.

Next week I will go to a bookstore and buy ''Secret Daughter''. Have any of you read this book? Any positive or negative thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment