Blog Archive

January 29, 2013

The Painter of Shanghai


For a couple of weeks ago I've written a post about a book called ''Secret Daughter'' by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. At this time I was 100% sure that I will buy and read this book. Yesterday when I went to a bookstore I asked a lady if she could help me with searching for books about different religions and cultures, because those are subjects that I'm interested in. She gave me six books and Secret Daughter and The Painter of Shanghai were among them. So there I was, standing and reading the blurbs. 

''Based on a true story, The Painter of Shanghai tells the captivating tale of one woman's journey from a life of prostitution to the art studios of Shanghai''. 
That was the first sentence of the book's blurb, and when I read it I knew that this is a perfect for me, so I went to the cash desk and bought it. 

Have any of you read this book? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing more about the book when you start reading. Looks like a good book!

    ReplyDelete